Monday, July 30, 2012

DIY Upholstered Headboards

I LOVE a gorgeous upholsted headboard...

{Source

But, they can come with a very large price tag. Especially for custom. If you are loving the look too but may not have the deep pockets for one, I've compiled a list of 5 of my favorite DIY versions for you. If you have the time and tools, it could save you a lot of money while still achieving the look of a beautiful designer bedroom.
Censational girl shows us how to use a nailhead trim kit to make your life easier! Fabulous! This means that you only have to hammer every 5 nails or so, which would be a HUGE time saver. I'm all about simplifying. As a side note, I love that Barbara Barry Poetical fabric on her European Shams and Duvet.
Loving this gorgeous button tufted, nailhead wingback upholstered headboard. Stunning! {DIY Source}
The Hunted Interior Tutorial is a very unique and custom look.
Curve corner with nailhead headboard Just the fabric alone can totally change the entire look of each of these tutorials. If you are wanting just a classic square edge, just omit the step of cutting out the curve.

What do you think? Would you consider making one for your home?

I'm off to go plan a delicious meal for my husband to help me break the news of a new project. Wish me luck! I'll post pictures when we are done. Send me your pictures if you have or are now inspired to tackle this project, too!

1 comment:

  1. I love those headboards. Good luck with the dinner... I am sure you will have a beautiful headboard in no time. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete